A Pile-O-Ribs...

TentHunter

I had a rack of Baby Back ribs I needed to use, and hadn't done ribs this way in a couple years. I picked this method up about four years ago from this BBQ Pit Boys video "Mountain Ribs" on YouTube.

I started with a rack of each of Spares and Baby Backs, and about 1/2 lb of my Cider Mill Bacon. Use whichever type of ribs you like. Even country style will work with this.
MR201501.JPG

Prep the ribs like normal (remove the membrane, skirt flap & rib tips, etc.), then cut the racks into individual ribs. Toss them into a large bowl with the bacon and apply a good coating of rub. Spareribs work really well for this because I toss in the rib tips as well!
MR201502.JPG

This is where they get their name: Toss them all into a pile (or mountain) on your grill/smoker running around 275° - 300°. I had other plans for the MAK, so the Stoven got a little exercise for this cook.
MR201503.JPG

Toss/Flip them once every 45 minutes or so for even cooking.
MR201504.JPG

When they are tender (around 3 1/2 hours or so) brush on some sauce (or leave them dry if you prefer). After 15 - 20 minutes, flip one last time and brush sauce on the other side, let them ride another 15 - 20 minutes and they're done!
MR201505.JPG

Be sure to pull pitmaster privileged and get your share of the bacon (pig candy) before it disappears! :D
MR201506.JPG

They are sticky and messy, but worth it!

Thanks!

Quadman750

Always good as usual Tent. It would drive me nuts being your neighbour, smelling all the good food you cook, I would jump the fence when you weren't looking & snag a couple ribs.

Top Bottom