Pioneer Cobbler

CarterQ

TTNuge started a thread about Dutch Ovens and It got me thinking and reminiscing about my Dad who used to cook with his all the time. Went into the Garage and dusted the 10 inch off and made Pioneer Cobbler. This recipe is out of the "Roughing Easy" Cookbook.

Warmed up the dutch oven in the MAK @375 and added canned peaches and sprinkled with nutmeg

7a603b9c.jpg

Mixed up yellow cake mix and poured over the top of the peaches, left the lid off and cooked @ 375.

2beb545d.jpg

Baked for about 45 minutes until cake was done

22097b73.jpg

Served up warm with some whipped cream

63702659.jpg

This came out good, wasn't the prettiest thing in the world but it tasted good! So many variations of this recipe are out there, I have done it without mixing the cake batter and just dumping it on the fruit with butter.

For this recipe I would use less cake batter next time around along with lite syrup canned peaches, this was a little too sweet for me.

Big Poppa

Administrator
We have to cook together.

How about taking peeled bananas with Scooters chocolate wedges some cinamon and brown sugar and tad of liquid and then putting a chocolate cake or brownie batter on top?

Deb

How about taking peeled bananas with Scooters chocolate wedges some cinamon and brown sugar and tad of liquid and then putting a chocolate cake or brownie batter on top?

wow, I need to try this -- I'm thinking liquid = caramel kinda like a sticky bun topping recipe

CarterQ

We have to cook together.

That would be fun, love the choco bananas with a brownie top idea. The dump cake idea is so simple but it opens up all kinds of possibilities...........

Top Bottom