My name is Jim and I am about to become a pellet smoker

Jhagedon

I'm about to get a Traeger Junior for my 70th birthday January 5th. I know I'm gettting it because I picked it up yesterday, but I had to promise not to open it until the 5th!

The Traeger will soon be mounted on a basement slide-out on our Motor home (I know it will fit because several of my friends have already done it).

So while I'm waiting, I'm getting an education on pellet cooking. This looks like a great site and I'm already drooling over my future cooking "projects."

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Jim! You definitely came to the right place for friendly advice, tips, and tricks! Would love to see some pics of your motorhome setup when its all said and done.

jimsbarbecue

You are going to love it. One item to consider is the wind when camping. It can cool a cooker real fast. Any wind break works find. We have a EZup we put the cooking stuff under and if the wind blows stick up a side or two.

Jhagedon

Appreciate the tip on the wind. That's probably also a good reason to not cook while we're traveling. :) And the wife does drive AND park the rig as well!

Top Bottom