Craziest compliment you've received while smoking?

CarterQ

Just mixing it up a little.

What's the craziest compliment you recieved while smoking or cooking?

Mine is this:

Every year we do a big tailgate party at a Fresno State football game for friends and family, we just celebrate to celebrate. We always cook on my buddy's big homebuilt offset smoker. Me and a few others provide all the meat and everyone else fills in the rest. This year we halved and smoked whole NY strips and then finished em up on the grill over real oak. About 90 lbs worth to be exact.

058161ec.jpg

Stuff came out ridiculously good, we served about a 100 people and the number 1 compliment we recieved? "Thanks guys, that's by far the best tri tip we've ever ate" DOH! :eek:

We laugh about it every time we cook, and now we know the secret to good tri tip - it's New York strip baby!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I think that not the funniest but the most common is to have someone watch me cook and talking them through how easy it is and they say at the end of the nifght..."Its easy for you because you are a cook...I think its too hard for me" I just cooked the most dumbdown recipe and the are still intimidated.

sparky

i cooked a tri tip the other day. after the meal i was outside having a cigar and a FT. my wife came outside and gave me a hug and a kiss (a good one) and said that the tri tip was the best meat i have cooked for her in the 28 years we have been married. that was the best compliment for me. i don't care what the kids think. i only try and make my wife happy. happy wife makes for a happy sparky. :cool:

TentHunter

What great stories and memories!

One of the craziest for me was when my daughter's friend had never had armadillo eggs and asked what they were. We told him what they were, he took two of them, bit into one and got this look on his face like he was seriously analyzing every factor of it. By now the whole room was silently watching him.

He set his plate down, reached into his wallet, pulled out a $5 bill and asked if that was enough to cover those two. Everyone lost it!

CarterQ

I have a friend in the Bay Area that cooks on a Traeger, when he first got it guests would accuse him of not cooking the food, they were convinced that he bought it somewhere and passed it off as his own!

Top Bottom