My name is Howard and I am a pellet smoker

ht01us

After over a year of researching, thinking, considering, weighing options I pulled the trigger on a Mak 2-Star General today.

I actually cooked on a 2-Star last summer and liked it. At that point I wavered between the Memphis Pro and Mak 2-Star. I waited and thought some more. I spent the summer smoking a few things on my gas grill and Weber kettle grill but they just weren't the same.

Then I heard about the 1-Star. I was this close (my thumb and forefinger are 1" apart) to getting the 1-Star this afternoon when my wife talked me into the 2-Star. "I know you; you will want those extras on the 2-Star. Get the big one and be happy". So, after walking through the options and prices with Jessie at BigPoppa's I went for the 2-Star. I totally drank the kool-aid and got the "Poppa's Pack" with frog mats, Grill Grates, and cover; then I added the upper grate, searing grate, rib rack, 1/2 grate, and blank grease pan. Comparing the 2-Star "Poppa's Pack" (pre January 1 price increase) with the price of the 1-Star with the shelves, etc. the price difference wasn't too big of an obstacle.

I've posted here and on other sites asking many (okay, a LOT) of questions. Everyone has been so generous with their time and opinions. I especially want to thank Smokinmak who was very patient with some detailed questions about size differences and experiences between the two Mak products. Craig Goldwyn has also been a huge help in this reviews; his "Hot Stuff" awards for the Mak products helped tip the balance between the Mak and the Memphis . Felicia down at Mak Grills helped me through some questions about the two grills. And Jessie at Big Poppa's today was a great help in getting a couple of details on my order fixed up.

So, thanks everyone; I will try to pay back with some of my own experiences in the coming months.

DolphinLvr

Welcome Howard! I too am awaiting my MAK 2 Star, Although in my case I am a total Newb!! LOL

I look forward to learning from your experience as well! The folks at BPS are awesome to deal with :)

CarterQ

Welcome aboard! You are going to love that new grill and making the stretch to the 2 star will be worth it, sounds like you will be well armed in the accessory department as well. Can't wait to see what you crank out on it.

jimsbarbecue

Welcome Howard. As I have mention before the MAKgyver. (my code name of the two star) is a great tool because of the different ways it can be used or configured.

scooter

Welcome to the MAK family and to PelletSmoking! Looking foreward to hearing and seeing what you create on your Major General!

ACW3

Welcome Howard from a North Carolina MAK 2 Star owner. Good, no, GREAT choice! You will love it!

Art

ht01us

Just got my Mak 2 Star. Number 327. I'm stoked; 327 is the product of 2 primes 3 * 109; meaning this will be a really prime smoker.

Top Bottom