First cook on the pellet smoker

Tonybel

Hello everyone.....

This was my first cook on the pellet smoker. I have a char griller we got from Lowes. Any advice on how to improve and tips on how to use this kind of smoker is greatly appreciated.

Used Apple pellets

Ribs were trimmed and removed excess fat. Seasoned with bad byrons rub. Here they are at the start of the cook.

This was about 2 hours in and had the color I liked.

For the wrap I used honey brown sugar and butter with a splash of Apple juice.

Here they are after being in the wrap for 1 hour or so. The ribs were in the smoker for another 30 minutes before I sauced them. Total cook time was about 4 hour or so. At a temp of 250

We also had BBQ beans out of the can and Mac and cheese

We got a slight smoke ring.

Here's your plate.

scooter

From the looks of those ribs I don't think you need any tips at all cause it appears you nailed it! But here's one tip for you, experiment with pineapple juice in place of the apple juice.
Did you use butter or Parkay?

So Cal Smoker

Hey Tony, good to see you here. I see your having fun with your new toy. The folks here are very helpful and know what their talking about. I know you and Maybell will be offering up some great cooks.

Bill

Tonybel

From the looks of those ribs I don't think you need any tips at all cause it appears you nailed it! But here's one tip for you, experiment with pineapple juice in place of the apple juice.
Did you use butter or Parkay?

Thank you. Pineapple will be used next time. I used butter on the ribs.

Tonybel

Hey Tony, good to see you here. I see your having fun with your new toy. The folks here are very helpful and know what their talking about. I know you and Maybell will be offering up some great cooks.

Bill

thanks for the welcome my friend. Where's everyone? I want to see BBQ posted.....lol

Top Bottom