Looking for my first pellet grill

calebj06

Well after using dads tiny little traeger for 3 weeks I'm hooked!! Ready to buy a pellet grill.

I've been researching for a week now. Here are my needs

2-3 times per week for simple grilling (burgers, dogs, chicken, steak)
Weekend smoking of ribs and butts and such for groups of 4 up to 15 regularly

I'm REALLY interested in the GMG Daniel Boone. The wifi option is really my piggery question mark right now. Best price is $750 OTD with the wifi model with a cover and a bad of fuel.

Second option is the rec tec. I like the warranty and the build quality. My biggest concerns however are the size (a little big maybe for nightly burger cooking) and also the looks. To be honest, it's kinda gaudy! LOL. I just can't get passed the looks. I know silly.
Honestly this grill is pushing it on price for me too. At $1000-$1200 depending on options the ONLY way I could swing this is with their payment plan.

Budget it probably my biggest concern. I honestly just can't do $1500 for a bbq grill right now. $750 is about it for initial lay out and payment plan beyond that.

What do you all think?? Am I making a good choice with the GMG? Should I go for the wifi and have all the bells and whistles or should I save another $100 and just get the remote model??

Thanks
Caleb

TentHunter

I have cooked on the Rec-Tec's and they are a well-built grill. One issue with them is many people end up adding a third-party downdraft baffle to even temps out a bit more on the grill.

If it's within your budget you should look at the MAK 1 Star as a candidate. It has a smaller footprint making it great for daily cooking, yet with the upper grates in place will actually hold MORE food than the Rec-tec.

As good as the Rec-Tec is built, the MAK is built even better. Now the price is higher, but the trade-off is you get an even better controller, and the accessories/options make it more versatile than any other brand that I know of.

The MAK also has the WiFi option. In fact, MAK was the first to offer WiFi as an option.

Just some food for thought!

Top Bottom