Traeger lil tx elite......size

CaptBuck

So I just ordered the lil tx elite from Traeger, it's set to arrive next week. Since I ordered online I have no idea of the size of it. "427 sq inches" really don't tell me anything and the product description says you can do 5 racks of ribs on it. That's perfect for my needs, but for anybody that owns 1, is that description accurate?

TentHunter

First, welcome to the forum! Be sure to stick around and get some pics of the first cook on your new grill after you get it!

The Trager Lil' Texas Elite grilling area is 22" X 19" (according the their website).

BBQJUDGE

To do 5 racks of ribs you will need a rib rack. I have an original Lil Tex and it suited by needs well (i.e. cooking for the family).

BBQJUDGE

Two racks of ribs laid out flat take up quite a bit of the grill surface. You can probably get three. To get a pork but you'd need a small rib rack which should make it possible. The ribs don't take up near as much space standing on edge.

Last edited:

chaz345

I realize this won't be all that helpful, but having owned both a Lil Tex and a Texas, the extra size of the Texas is definitely worth the extra cost. Granted my use, which is production work for my wife's catering business, means lots of volume, isn't the same as everyone's, but still, the additional size has been useful even when I'm cooking for a moderate sized group for home use.

mowin

My brother just got his Lonestar from QVC. Same as the lil tex elite, just rebranded for QVC. I was over for the first cook, and u might fit 5 if u get the warming rack (his came with it) but it would be tight....

Top Bottom