Looking for guidance on a pellet grill

CoryB343

It’s been a long time coming but I am finally able to get a pellets smoker but there seems to be a lot of different smokers/grills on the market. My budget is $800-$900, I would like to be able to smoke, grill and I want something that will last. Does anyone have any recommendations for my budget? As of right now I have looked at Louisiana Grills and GMG. I’m open to any suggestions. Thank you

mowin

Well, ill say what I said in your introduction post. My top choices are gmg and rec-tec. The gmg Daniel Boone is in the lead so far, but I'm taking my time deciding

Music Junkie

I purchased the GMG Daniel Boone some months back, and I am loving it so far. Only complaint I have so far is the probe that comes with it does not read very accurate. I use an external anyway, and it does not really bother me that much. I would love to have been able to hit the MAK, but it was not in the cards. Most will tell you to buy once and cry once, and to be honest, I subscribe to that as well. However, the price difference meant not getting one at all for me. All in all, I am very happy so far with the GMG.

Good luck on your decision.

MJ

scooter

Do your research, buy the best and only cry once. If you absolutely can't afford to buy the best then buy the best your money can buy. cook everything under the sun in it all the while saving up your pennies to sell the cheaper cooker you settled for and then go out an buy the best and cry a second and last time! :)
By the time you're ready to do that you will have completely impressed your significant other to the point where there won't be an argument when you discuss buying the best!

Last edited:
Top Bottom