CarterQ/Scooter/Big Poppa inspired brownies

Deb

Big Poppa came up with the idea of using Scooter's banana recipe with brownie or chocolate cake batter in CarterQs cake thread.... the combo sounded great so I had to do it my way...... I don't have a dutch oven so I used a foil pan

made what I hoped would turn out to be caramel on the bottom of the pan - 2 oz melted butter, one cup brown sugar & 1 tbsp corn syrup. Mixed it all together and spread on the bottom of the pan, placed sliced bananas on top , cinnamon on bananas (cinnamon was overpowered by the brownie and the caramel became one with the brownie but I think it kept the banana moist - need to work on this)

IMGP0032.jpg

Made some brownie batter and put on top

931d895a.jpg

baked at 350 for about 35 minutes (picture is at about 25, the butter/brown sugar is bubbling up the sides)

1e46381b.jpg

all done

9d627225.jpg

with a little tahitian vanilla gelato

d1481ed9.jpg

wow

TentHunter

Oh my goodness... Deb I can't even begin to say how good that looks. If I'm lucky I'll step outside be able follow the smell of brownies all the way to your house!

CarterQ

Wow Deb, that looks great, how did it taste? Definitely glad you are judging this week ;) This little recipe looks like it has potential, my wife looked at the pictures and was already requesting that we try it!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love this place! Deb how did it taste...You guys are seeing what Jimbo sees when he cooks with me...I get crazy ideas. What a team effort

Deb

It tasted great. I was worried the bananas would be raw still but they weren't. They were firm, not mushy & had a really nice flavor which carried into the brownie. I used double dutch cocoa which is a combination of black and dutch cocoa so they were a dark chocolate (my fav).

The caramel sauce got lost in the brownie but it did help caramelize the banana. I would like to have it end up with the caramel sauce so will have to think about how to do that. It may be that a sticky bun keeps it as a separate component because its a dough vs. a batter?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I think Im going to try this and do it in two stages. Smoke the bananas with the butter brown sugar and corn syrup and bake until the caramel sets then add the cake mix. What do you think?

TentHunter

I think Im going to try this and do it in two stages. Smoke the bananas with the butter brown sugar and corn syrup and bake until the caramel sets then add the cake mix. What do you think?

I don't have time to think... I need to start driving now and hop the nearest plane if I'm going to make it to your house in time :)!

Deb

that sounds good, I also think that I didn't have enough - alot of it had bubbled up the sides

I just had some for breakfast

Top Bottom