My name id Jason- and I am a pellet smoker....

sharky300

Hi all!! New to the sight- Seems to be a great bunch of folks in here. I appreciate all of the insight I have read so far!!!

I just "stumbled" into a deal on a Pellet smoker and am trying to learn a little about them... I hope this topic has not been run into the ground, my apologies if so, but I did not see it on any of my searches...

My cooker has a 14lb hopper on it... how long can I expect that to last on a "low and slow" cook- 225 ish- I know all grills are different, and outside conditions can play a big part... I am just looking for a good ballpark.

I am planning on about a 12 hr +/- cook this weekend. I can only get 20lb bags of pellets here, that are probably mediocre at best. I plan on ordering some good pellets by mail, but can't get here before then- Just wondering if I need to get 2 bags or not???

Thanks for any input-

Jason

Louisiana Grills- LG900

TentHunter

At 225° I'd expect usage to be somewhere around 1 lb of pellets per hour, depending upon ambient temp, wind, etc., so 13 - 15 hours seems right to me too.

Welcome to the forum, Jason!

sharky300

OK- Great!!! I appreciate the info- I will be firing it up tonight, so I will let you know- Try to get some pic's as well

Jason

Top Bottom