Fall is nearly over...

Big Poppa

Administrator
Do you cook different stuff with the changing seasons? I have one season and pretty much cook the same year round......are there things on your pellet cooker that you look forward to cooking as the seasons change?

Rip

Biggest change for me is when the weather gets colder, things that don't require smoke or grilling (think cakes, breads, some desserts) get cooked indoors to keep the heat in the house. Otherwise, outdoor smoking continues year round. I now have a roof over my outdoor cooking area, makes those drizzly, rainy, snowing and sleet cooks much more enjoyable.

Rip

scooter

No change, I have my cookers under a covered deck and I live in the San Francisco bay area in CA where the weather is never extreme in the winter.
The only change to what I cook is I do more turkeys and prime ribs this time of year.

Meat Man

We don't cook this very much in the summer. Prime Rib Eye Roast, dusted with Double Secert and our house rub. My birthday dinner.
553969fca52e3a7d21effa4a69856606_zps1vmsecwa.jpg

sptucker

I also have a covered deck and cook pretty much the same all year. We definitely have 4 seasons here. The biggest difference is how many layers I have to put on before going out to tend things -- thank goodness for makgrillsmobile and Maverick wireless!

TentHunter

As cooler whether hits I start smoking more things that need cold smoke, such as bacon, hams, sausages, cheese, etc. Plus I start thinking more along the lines of cold weather comfort food!

Rip

I just thought of another change from summer cooking, and it affects us all to some degree...I spend more time cooking after dark. While this doesn't necessarily affect what I cook, it does impact how I go about it.

Top Bottom