Question for the PS veterans (and newbies)

rwalters

It appears there are over 5000 registered members on this forum.

It appears there are well over 100 active members.

I always see that there are numerous people perusing sub-forums, so I know there are people on here pretty much all day.

I am a member at a couple of other BBQ forums... and this is by far and away the quietest forum I have been on as a member or stalker ;-)

Why is it so quiet around here?

So, whatcha cooking this weekend?

I am doing some burgers and chicken tonight, and hope to smoke a couple of tri-tips on Sunday afternoon. Have done many smoked tri's (reverse seared), but never from a pellet grill. Have heard it's YUM and of course EASY!

Now that I think of it, the lady that answers the phone at Big Poppa Smokers was telling me awhile back that her favorite burger is a smoked burger from her Mak. I have NEVER done a low-n-slow burger. Sounds interesting. Are they as good as I was told? No sear, just smoke til done? If yes, talk about easy peasy :)

rwalters

Some of us are quiet people. We let our MAKs do the talking.

Oh c'mon buddy...we all have pellet grills in common...lot and LOTS to talk about!!!!! So, whatcha cooking this weekend? Heck, pellet grill do you cook on...I'm new here...no idea.

BBQJUDGE

Ribs! In December, even. In Minnesota! It was 42F today!! Turned out good. Did a 20# turkey (brined) for Thanksgiving.

rwalters

Just smoked 2 tri tips tonight...followed by a screaming hot cast iron sear. They were to die for!!!!! Loving this ole Mak!!!

TentHunter

Rwalters, I can't speak for others, but this has been an extraordinarily busy and rough past few months for me (my mom was hospitalized).

BUT... I am getting back in the swing of things and will be making a few posts here of what I've been cooking lately!

rwalters

Rwalters, I can't speak for others, but this has been an extraordinarily busy and rough past few months for me (my mom was hospitalized).

BUT... I am getting back in the swing of things and will be making a few posts here of what I've been cooking lately!
Completely understand TentHunter! This year has been a tough one for many that I know, including me and my family. How is your mom doing?

Look forward to seeing pics of what you've been up to :)

Ducaticraig

Hi Cliff, I feel what you're feeling. Almost lost mom last month. She's been in hospital twice. Hang in there buddy!

As for the p grill, I've got a tri tip and corned beef cook coming up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SmokinKat

Thanks for the nudge and reminder rwalters! About the only cooking I've done during daylight hours lately is Thanksgiving!! We don't have much lighting on our back porch, so it's hard to get pictures of cooks! :)

For Thanksgiving this year, we raised some heritage breed birds, as well as a few broad breasted bronze turkeys-- beautiful big guys!

turkeys_zpsys7f1m1x.jpg

Here they are, all grown up!

Heritage_zps1ibpk5jv.jpg

And here they are all cooked up!

turkey%20finished%202%202015_zpslzwi1hmv.jpg

turkey%20finished%202015_zpslyxrqh7a.jpg

Top Bottom