Help: Thinking of doing a Kobe Tenderloin roast for Christmas Eve

Saxguy

I'm thinking of doing a Kobe Tenderloin Roast for Christmas Eve. What's the best way to cook it in the MAK without having too much of a smoky flavor when it's done? Probably looking at a 5lb roast (We're feeding 10 people)

mcschlotz

Keep in mind a raw 5 lb roast is going to shrink a bit but with enough other items on the diner plate you might be able to stretch it to cover 10 people. Kind of depends on the crowd :) & their hunger level. Best guess for light smoke would be to use a different pellet flavor vs hickory. Maybe cherry or apple?

CMack1

I would roast your tenderloin @ 325 until the internal temp is about 110 degrees. Set it aside and set the MAK to high. After the grill hits close to 500 I'd toss it back on for about 90 seconds per side until it's 120ish in the center. Rest, slice, bow. There will be very slight (if any) smoke flavor above 300.

Saxguy

I like that method, but I think I'll have to take mine closer to 120 initially and then 130-135. My guests don't like it rare. How much carry over will I see with the roast 5-10 degrees?

Top Bottom