Davy Crockett

maxbear

Hello all. So I got my Davy replaced with a new one that has the Stainless grease tray.My Old Davy crapped out and I received a replacement with the new stainless grates and the WiFi pin instead of the little GMG guy. The old one had the really heavy ones not stainless.. My issue with the new lighter Stainless one is the Temp Difference. I have a 50 Degree difference from right to left. Right being the hotter side. My old style was pretty spot on. If i set 250 i was withing 5 degrees across the board. Any one with a Davy experience this.

I am sure that I am placing the Grease Trays and Heat Diffuser on correctly. But I have been known to be wrong a time or two.

TrickyDick

When did they switch to stainless steel? I ditched the grate in favor of a set of "Grill-Grates".
What is this "WiFi pin"? the metal badge on it?

The grease tray is rather heavy, so I suppose you could be getting some hot spots. Can you check temps with an IR thermo to see if there are hot and cold spots? Not much else to say. I'm ashamed to say I've only used mine once, though plan to use more often, as a mobile tail-gating grill. Its a lot of work to plan and setup etc I learned on the go, but was a great time!

TD

CARS

I think you should talk to your sales rep about your concerns. I don't know how much help a forum can give you without seeing/using your grill.
Good luck!

Top Bottom