Jan 2 Real Time Cook! Pork abnd Chiuckie Goodness

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK I am not right unliess there are pellets burning...sort of like a hippie that needs incense...... I also love to try new rubs! So I went to Costco and bought a two pack of their shoulder and two Chuck roasts

I used Mustard as the glue for the pork butts and the Slabs Pork Rub
P1000349.jpg

P1000351.jpg

Then I used the Obie Que texas Brisket rub on the chuck roasts with worcestershire as glue
P1000344.jpg

P1000345.jpg

On to the MAK 2 Star with the half rack. This shows you just how much capacity the two star has....I could fit at least three more blocks of meat maybe four using the full size rack
P1000352.jpg

More Pics to follow!

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK I added the probes and getting ready to foil the Chuckies. I feel pretty good without the probes but they mare sort of a lifejacket for me or maybe my Linus blanket
P1000355.jpg

I was lazy this is just a little Headcountry some rub and some stock in the foil
P1000356.jpg

The chucky pulled and tossed with a little Pepper Plant BBQ sauce
P1000364.jpg

THe pork done...Remember no injection....manly oldschool
P1000361.jpg

A pineapple sweet onion Miso Cole Slaw
P1000363.jpg

and the first of two sammies
P1000365.jpg

It was a pretty good cook...I need to work on my chuck roasts as one of them was inferior to the other.

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK I cheat and use a salad dressing made in Newport Beach California called Galeos Miso Dressing for Salad, Marinade, Japanese recipe - Galeos Cafe Dressings I use it for many things and all of these are great for cole slaw.

I buy the bagged coleslaw and always ad thinly sliced sweet onion and red bell pepper. From there I go nuts from sliced strawberries to diced grilled pineapple to smoked cashews to pineapple and jalapeno. It is a blank canvas with a huge about of room for error.

I am adding the line of dressings as we speak

TentHunter

I'm planning to do some pulled pork this week(end). I don't know if I'll find Miso dressing, but that won't stop me from trying it with the Pineapple & Sliced Sweet Onion. I love good slaw and bet I could sit down and eat a bucket full of that!

Thanks BP!

squirtthecat

I haven't opened it yet... It came just before we went on vacation.

I've got about 15 bottles of 'sauces to try' in the queue now......

Top Bottom