Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding

Smoked a Prime Rib for Easter and it came out great!

Seasoned with Little Louis w/P, BPS Double Secret, and a touch of Montreal Steak seasoning. Wrapped and put in the fridge for about 4 hours. Brought up to room temp and put it on the MAK 2 Star at 250°F with a pan of water below (saw BP do this, so it must be good):

20160327_133202.jpg

Cut up some Brussel sprouts, red onion, and small gold potatoes and mixed with some EVOO, balsamic vinegar, Little Louis w/P, and Desert Gold:

20160327_161239.jpg

Put it on the grill covered with the Prime Rib about 1/2 hour before Prime Rib was done:

20160327_170211.jpg

Pulled Prime Rib at 130°F, covered with foil and let it rest. Stuck Thermapen in it to see when the push ended. Went higher than I thought it would:

20160327_174536.jpg

While the Prime Rib was resting, I raised the MAK to 425° to finish the vegetables and to get ready for the Yorkshire Pudding. Poured the pudding mix into a muffing pan with heated fat in it and put it on the MAK. Ready to pull after about 20 minutes:

20160327_175054.jpg

Everything plated up:

20160327_180648.jpg

Thanks for looking!

sptucker

Stellar work on every part of that meal.

I used to tolerate brussels sprouts, but now I am addicted -- yours look yummmmy!

Thanks for sharing.

TentHunter

It all looks good to me! Love the Popovers and those Brussels sprouts would disappear very quickly around our house!

P.S. For future reference: For roasts I always count on somewhere around a 10° push from the carry-over heat.

Thanks Tent. I expect for 5-10 degree push, and this was in the middle, but my last couple were only 5. Not sure why, but the end result is always good. 5 degrees is not a huge difference in the whole scheme of things, at least for me.

scooter

That is FANTASTIC!!

Tip: If you push the temp probe in the side of the roast instead of in the end then you wont have any slices with a hole in the middle if that kind of thing is important to you.

Top Bottom