Pineapple Dump Cake

CarterQ

Posted this in this weeks contest but I'll share it here too,

Tried a twist on the dump cake recipe using grilled pineapple and spice cake that was inspired by BP and Deb.

Here we go:

Soaked fresh pineapple in spiced rum for about a 30 minutes and then onto the MAK flame zone running on high.

2aa7ced6.jpg

Got em a little bit carmelized

b0dd2f09.jpg

Into the dutch oven with a little OJ and Brown Sugar

8c3b52d0.jpg

Duncan Hines Spice Cake batter over the top and onto the MAK @375

93bb2d1d.jpg

e4a61a4b.jpg

All done after about 40 minutes

d7851ccb.jpg

Served up (would have been better with ice cream but SOMEBODY forgot to pick some up when he was shopping :p )

5f24183b.jpg

This came out alright, not sure if I would use OJ for liquid again but overall it was very tasty and it would be better with a nice scoop of vanilla...........

TentHunter

I'm not sure about the O.J. either, but I really like the idea of the Spice Cake/Pineapple combo. That was a great idea; I can actually taste it!

CarterQ

Next time I will use a more traditional butter brown sugar mix for the liquid or maybe pineapple juice, it wasn't terrible as evidenced by there is none left as of tonight! Spice cake worked well with the pineapple. Definitely a fun recipe to play with!

Deb

I like that you are posting the recipes out of the contest. It will make it easier to find them when we want to find them

Top Bottom