Rotisserie in a Pellet Smoker...

rehab

Is it possible to add a rotisserie to a pellet smoker? I would think there is still a benefit, but maybe it's not true, thoughts?

JessieBPS

Hi Rehab,

Because pellet smokers use convection/heat/smoke (indirect smoking) to cook food, no rotisserie is needed! If you have a rack for your food to sit on (like the MAK upper racks), it's like smoking rotisserie style (but with swirling heat and smoke on all sides).

As far as I know, I have not heard of any of our customers ask for/need a rotisserie option.

Of course, I don't want to speak for other pellet smoker owners, so hopefully someone will chime in soon :)

rehab

Hi Rehab,

Because pellet smokers use convection/heat/smoke (indirect smoking) to cook food, no rotisserie is needed! If you have a rack for your food to sit on (like the MAK upper racks), it's like smoking rotisserie style (but with swirling heat and smoke on all sides).

As far as I know, I have not heard of any of our customers ask for/need a rotisserie option.

Of course, I don't want to speak for other pellet smoker owners, so hopefully someone will chime in soon :)

Isn't one of the benefits of rotisserie to have the juices rotating and staying on the bird?

rehab

Scooter - you mean this one? http://www.pelletsmoking.com/hall-fame-recipes-22/juicy-chicken-5092/?highlight=Zephyr

@ Rehab - I am a spatchcock chicken fanatic (the only way I cook my birds), so maybe I'm not the best one to comment on rotisserie/self basting. For me, rotisserie is more of an even-cooking method while glamping or at parties so nobody has to flip the meat/be tied to the grill.

Thank you, that looks like a Mak too? He didn't provide details about how he built it into the unit. Anyone know? He must have drilled holes and installed some aftermarket thing? Looks like darn good chicken though!

I'm actually a beer can chicken person, I think that's the juiciest, but was looking to try rotisserie to compare.

Top Bottom