smoking a whole hog on a traeger select elite

Chamo69

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to cook a whole Hog this father's day on my Traeger Elite, but I am a little be concern about how long it will take and how crispy the skin it will be.
I am open to any tips to get it done the right way, also because it is my first hog I will be doing it only for my family, so please send me some tips and I promise I will post pictures.

SmokinKat

I recently went to a cook out where they did a half hog on a Traeger, and it took about 12-13 hours at 225°F. The skin was more chewy than crispy, but they were spritzing with a vinegar based sauce every half hour or so.

I'm sure there are lots of variables that would influence time and texture, but that's just my teeny bit of experience!

TrickyDick

How did this turn out? Curious to see photos and hear about the grease management. I've been wanting to try this for a long long time, but have been scared that I'd ruin it or my grease tray would overflow into my built-in cabinetry.

TD

hariandro001

Okay better try for fathers day ..But i need ingredients and recipe method for that can you provide ??Because hog is one of my favorite recipe..

Top Bottom