New Arrival

Big Poppa

Administrator
Nice Goose! Swinging backyard too....have you eaten at my friends restaurant in Bako called Firestone Grill. I sold him a Jambo and he uses it as a sign! I did a few of the menu items there Tri Tip Cobb, Firebird, Firestone Salad....and a few others

Goosehunter51

Nice Goose! Swinging backyard too....have you eaten at my friends restaurant in Bako called Firestone Grill. I sold him a Jambo and he uses it as a sign! I did a few of the menu items there Tri Tip Cobb, Firebird, Firestone Salad....and a few others

I have not tried it yet, but it is on my short list.

I do enjoy that backyard, just made better by adding a MAK.

Goosehunter51

Well no pictures of the first cook but it was Tri-Tip, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, pasta with homemade Pesto sauce and some French bread.

Cooked the tip on smoke until internal temperature was 105, increased temp to 275 and cooked until internal temp of 145. Pulled and tented and let rest for 30 minutes. This was the best tip we have ever had. Might of had something to do with the generous amount of Sweet Money rub applied. So Far so good.

Goosehunter51

I am surprised that there were no comments about it taking me 4.5 hour to assemble. When it comes to tools I have two left hands. I was hearing 45 minutes to assemble, the longest was 2 hours. I think I have that one beat.

sptucker

I am surprised that there were no comments about it taking me 4.5 hour to assemble. When it comes to tools I have two left hands. I was hearing 45 minutes to assemble, the longest was 2 hours. I think I have that one beat.

I didn't notice the 4.5 hour assembly time. That does seem a bit excessive, but you would definitely not want to rush something so important! :cool: In any case, 4.5 hours is nothing in the grand timescale of MAK ownership (lifetime).

My 2016 MAK 2 took me 2 hours to assemble by myself, not including unpacking and moving to final location. I had to remove the smoker-drawer lid and install WiFi, too, so that added time to my total. I consider myself very handy, but I took it slow and made sure everything was just perfect!

Gunny

Sounds like you were just savoring every moment puttin it together, some things ya just want to not hurry on.

Looks like a great back yard. Probably still a little smokey around there from the fire isn't it?

KJRsmoker

My assembly took a more than a few hours because I had to wait for my wife to get home from work so she could help me get the MAK upright. After her help I finished the project. However, I then had to wait a few more days for a buddy to come over and help me carry it up a few stairs from my garage, through the mud room and kitchen, and then out to the deck.

Mds2004

Congrats! Make sure to wipe it down every time before warming it up so it won't stain. I sure wish I did but alas it is only aesthetics.

Mds2004

I love this place! When I visited SLO and attended Fresno State I went there all the time. Now that they have expanded to Bakersfield my wife keeps wanting to go back for their salad that she always gets.

Top Bottom