Mak 2 Star

bubbatdog

With Mak going direct to consumer, are there any Mak dealers that are looking to unload a Mak 2 Star. Looking to make the leap from the 1 Star to 2.

I thought MAK always sold direct but still used dealers as well. Such as BP? I might be wrong. I always thought BP's prices were better than the MAK sites.

bubbatdog

I thought MAK always sold direct but still used dealers as well. Such as BP? I might be wrong. I always thought BP's prices were better than the MAK sites.

I tried to inquire about becoming a distributor and they told me they were changing their sales model

bubbatdog

since we own this site and provide it free probably not the best place to look elsewhere

So they retained you Big Poppa? Good deal.

Can you answer a couple of questions about the Man 2 Star then?

What is it constructed of? I've read 16 gauge and I've read Stainless. Which one is it?

Thanks. I've definitely helped keep the site free as I've bought all my accessories from you.

Also, I've sold my one star already and need some touch up paint for the front of it. Do you sell that?

bubbatdog

So they retained you Big Poppa? Good deal.

Can you answer a couple of questions about the Man 2 Star then?

What is it constructed of? I've read 16 gauge and I've read Stainless. Which one is it?

Thanks. I've definitely helped keep the site free as I've bought all my accessories from you.

Also, I've sold my one star already and need some touch up paint for the front of it. Do you sell that?

Any ideas Poppa?

TentHunter

Not a fair statement. You did ask going into, and coming off of, a holiday weekend.

In answer to your question:

These are the specs from MAK's Website:
Construction: 16 gauge 304 Stainless Steel body
16-gauge aluminized steel leg panels
14-gauge stainless steel internal components

Here is the link with the full specs (click on the "Specifications" tab about way down the page):

2 Star General | MAK Grill

BBQJUDGE

Probably not, Bubbatdog.
The upper body (i.e. entire cooking chamber, grates and innards) are all stainless steel. The covers for the pellet hopper and smoke box are stainless steel. The legs, pellet hopper and lower shelf aren't. I can tell you they are very sturdy and painted with some sort of heavy duty coating.
I've had one for three years and love it.

Hope this helps.

edit: Looks like Tenthunter beat me to the punch.

Last edited:

bubbatdog

Probably not, Bubbatdog.
The upper body (i.e. entire cooking chamber, grates and innards) are all stainless steel. The covers for the pellet hopper and smoke box are stainless steel. The legs, pellet hopper and lower shelf aren't. I can tell you they are very sturdy and painted with some sort of heavy duty coating.
I've had one for three years and love it.

Hope this helps.

edit: Looks like Tenthunter beat me to the punch.

Thanks to the both of you. Either of you have an idea on touch up paint.

TentHunter

Ironically, I called MAK about touch-up paint when I sold the old 1 Star and got the new one.

Bruce from MAK told me they recommend the Stove Bright brand high temp paint. It's not cheap, but it's suppose to hold up well and matches the powder coat fairly well.

bubbatdog

Ironically, I called MAK about touch-up paint when I sold the old 1 Star and got the new one.

Bruce from MAK told me they recommend the Stove Bright brand high temp paint. It's not cheap, but it's suppose to hold up well and matches the powder coat fairly well.

I assume the charcoal color?...thanks 4 your help

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey I was gone not pissed off...its smoking food...that should never piss you guys off....I try to get here every day but I had a comp this weekend and compnay over (I won ahahah)

Big Poppa

Administrator
No worries....I hope you get your MAK from us...but as long as you get a MAK you will be fine. I like winning!! hahah

Top Bottom