Beef Brisket

Welcome to the forum. Click on Big Poppas Smokers at the top of this page, then scroll down until you see "watch BPTV". There are many videos in that section. You can also search YouTube. How to BBQ right has some brisket videos there.

TentHunter

You can find a whole section dedicated just to cooking brisket, under the "Hall of Fame Recipes" section here: Big Poppa's Brisket tips

I like to foil briskets with some onion slices and a little beer when they reach around 160° or so, until done. The onions not only add flavor, but they also caramelize and are great as a topping. Dang, I'm getting hungry thinking about it! ;)

Q2fE5PobCaphVTYMcv8rHvwW6fm9usk5IC86OM7EtlY_4X5fcSWvBmDTmbBoLAw7qratGMOZsrsZpgmuQeANvKQZXLWxvzHWbIF3PiB2AetfUbymmtbz0CA8tj7t_dICqrN7jlHLocpp783bXHgNdiKFN9UHL24ANj35qyJMd0LmRl5KeCC2qY2sEEdUd7siEpyBAcFGmu0E9hztAaF4rPr9lk11vH-0alGKFl1CGjdp5WLF6R_RojNTMLslSNi7Hv2bJ4pZvp3Tx5LbMoPKTogGaYR_kU5Q78XuQOSsnmLcJIOr_EwOHSjOQx7pEpk959XvxgUArb9TE9Fphnx-juBrO5rqJMBlT6t7T6jnM_EvgF_WNegJVvPyY1PW_kRgbD6x_xQG4FtG86uPOTrEnEbzeX3f9jHJC7Ir8Yiq9GLGObn8uub6AjyHKvhenRlDu1MEs6qbmE9aZiVqIzG8SvQJ93kkpT7LekfUzql0smf5K0GEj4j3zDdM2b9Oef9Y4n7w-kQmROa-mT5uFcvD0h68SmpC_je-nThQzmnr_-FxYy6ZDy_G3oiwf0G2mAcShK6FmgUbQksXVs1WkCLD9_ZSyTQrGTM-65A764jT-tj-kDtYyq13=w500-no

Last edited:

Tinner61

Thanks everyone. I will let you know how it turns out....fingers crossed!! I tried to upload a photo of it on the smoker but not able to upload. Is there something I'm missing on how to upload photos? It shows it as a 5MB, is that to large?

TentHunter

Yes, 5 MB is WAYYYYY too big.

The best thing to do is get an account with a photo hosting site such as Google Photo, Flikr, Smug Mug, etc. and upload your photos there (avoid PhotoBucket - too many issues).

Then you can embed your photos into a post by copy/pasting the photo's URL (hyperlink) inside image tags, like this:

[IMG]Photo_URL_goes_here[/IMG]

When you click the "submit post" button, the forum software embeds/inserts your photo into the post.

Most of the photo hosting sites have an option that creates URL with image tags for you. You just copy the whole line and paste it where you want in the post.

Top Bottom