First Cook

Jhagedon

Finished my first cook on the Traeger, right around sunset. The meat was a just under 2 pound pork loin, rubbed with salt, pepper and a few other "secret" ingredients. :) Started the loin fat-cap side down at 450 for about 15 min. using Applewood pellets, then flipped fat cap up for about 2.5 hours. Finished with an Apricot/ Maple glaze that had a Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce (Cincinnati) base. The Montgomery Inn sauce was not my first choice -too sweet- but the wife likes it.

The loin turned out great! The meat had a rosy pink glow and was very moist! There is enough for two meals, but we had a hard time stopping half-way through. I'm hooked-no surprise-, but more important, I think the wife is as well!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
beautiful great first shot fo the sky too!

Enter these pics in the "this weeks contest" its a great cook

Rip

Looks great! Love the "sunset over the smoker" shot....makes me want to sit in a lawn chair with a cold one and kick back (except for the 18 degrees and 6am thing)

TentHunter

That loin looks great!

Congrats on you and the wife now being hooked on BBQing/Smoking. Its a wonderful addiction!

Jhagedon

beautiful great first shot fo the sky too!

Enter these pics in the "this weeks contest" its a great cook

Thanks for the nice comments.

Two questions:

-- How do I enter these in the contest?
-- How do I get my photos to appear in my posts full-size, instead as just thumbnails?

Appreciate your taking time to help a Newbie :)

TentHunter

Two questions:-- How do I enter these in the contest?

Just repost this in this weeks contest thread.

-- How do I get my photos to appear in my posts full-size, instead as just thumbnails?

1) Get A photo Bucket or Google Picasa web albums account, etc.

2) Upload your photos to that account.

3) When posting to the forum, after you click the "Insert Image" button do this...

None.jpg

It might take you a few tries, but you'll get it. :)

CarterQ

Looking great with that "first cook" no one would ever know! That is definitely contest worthy material.

Big Poppa

Administrator
ON photobucket I just click on the IMG one and it copies it and then I paste it into the body of the Message I also use flock as a browser for this stuff

Top Bottom