Problem with Green Mountain Wifi

jocobest

We have a Green Mountain Daniel Boone WiFi model. The wifi connection works fine as long as I'm on my home network. If I leave the house, as soon as I get out of range of my router, I get disconnected from the grill. The grill works fine in point to point mode. And like I said, works fine in server mode as long as I'm at home. We have been in contact with customer service. They have already had us replace the "Board" and do other things such as update the firmware, uninstall/reinstall the app, etc. Anyone else had any dealings with this? Any help is appreciated! This is extremely frustrating.

TentHunter

When you say, "as soon as I get out of range of my router..." are you talking with your phone, and the phone is losing connection with the grill?

carchie

Jocobest, this is what I do and seems to work. Connect to normal wifi mode, then about 10-15 minutes before I leave I switch to Server Mode. This tends to take several minutes to connect to Server Mode. But once connect I can get to my GMG from about anywhere I have internet connection.

Top Bottom