Pulled pork question

Colorado Smoke

I am cooking a couple butts for pulled pork sandwiches at a gathering Saturday. Because of the timing I have to cook them on Friday. My question is: Would it be better to pull the pork and sauce it when it comes out, or wait and pull it Saturday at the gathering. Normally, I would pull it when it's cooled, but I don't want it to dry out overnight.

TentHunter

Pull it while it's still hot. That's when it's easiest. If you wait until after it cools the collagen congeals and acts like glue and makes it harder to pull later.

When you reheat the pulled pork add a splash of vinegar and it freshens it right up.

Colorado Smoke

Pull it while it's still hot. That's when it's easiest. If you wait until after it cools the collagen congeals and acts like glue and makes it harder to pull later.

When you reheat the pulled pork add a splash of vinegar and it freshens it right up.

Thanks for the advice!

Big Poppa

Administrator
pre cooking and pulling pork is such a good thing to do.....sometimes with our big charity or music cooks we will precook season sauce (only a time bit of sauce) and put in gallon baggies You can reheat with boiling water sort of like Sous Vide or put it in the cooker at 250.

Little pulled pork tip when you pull dont be afraid to rehydrate it right away with the foil juices and a little fat....

TentHunter

Little pulled pork tip when you pull dont be afraid to rehydrate it right away with the foil juices and a little fat....

Absolutely great tip! I never throw away the foil juices; it's like liquid gold and add a LOT of flavor into the pulled pork (which is the main reason I foil).

Top Bottom