Sis n Law's First Smoke Reverse Seared MAK Strube NY's!

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK two things happened today...Sis n Law came to visit and Strube Rancy Texas Wagyu sent me a shipment testing the cold pack marterial for the meat locker that is finally getting done.

Sis n Law is a reasonably good cook...Ok she is really good and is very interested in smoking so I said "You want to smoke tonight?" and she said yes.

Cut and trimmed the Strube New Yorks Turned the MAK to 250
P1010010.jpg

So she took the steaks and drizzled Annies Garlic Olive oil and used Big Poppa Double Secret Steak Rub
P1010014.jpg

At the same time I showed her how to cook the cheating onion She used Smokin Guns Gunpowder and a little Head Country Sauce She put the onion and the steaks int the grill
P1010016.jpg

At 120 we rested them in the warming drawer and kicked the MAK to high and put them on the Grill Grates
P1010018.jpg

Two minutes, one minute criss cross and flipped and cooked for 3 minutes and rested
P1010022.jpg

unwrapped the onion
P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

I ate this very quickly Great first cook Sis!
P1010027.jpg

SisInLaw

Thanks Big Poppa! It was fun and I learned a lot. Well, maybe not as much as you did from me, but ....;)

It was interesting to see how closely Poppa kept watch over and trusted his remote thermometers. And the beef came out evenly cooked all the way through. Yum! What are we smokin' tomorrow?

Rip

Looks great! Details on the cheating onion please. Re. the double secret rub...I'm about 1/2 way through reading all the posts to date and I see you had plans to market your steak rub....still in the works? Thanks BP!

Big Poppa

Administrator
The rub should be here in any day..Rip there is a video on the cheating onion on the video gallery...On this one I just slice the onion and put some pats of butter in between the slices and some rub or seasoning or herbs depending on where you want to go with it and wrap in double foil and put on the smoker. In the video it is at high heat on this one it cooked at the same temps as the steak 250 then 400 it is so easy its cheating thats why I named it that

TentHunter

Ahhh... I wondered why you called them cheating onions ;).

The marbling on those steaks looks incredible. It all looks so good, it won't be long now until SisInLaw is a smoking addict!

txpgapro

Sure wish I could afford that high $$$ steak. Where in TX us that ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhagedon

WOW!! Got a steak planned for tonight. It's a sirloin - definitely not in the same league as the Strube, but I though some slow cookin' might tenderize it a bit. Definitely adding a Cheating Onion!!

CarterQ

Those look amazing, can't wait till that Meat Locker opens and I can get my hands on some of that double secret rub..................

jimbo

Yeah, saw these pics & got so excited I had to go get some prime NY steaks. Used the BP Double Secret rub with the same reverse sear method & they were outstanding.

SisInLaw

It was a lot of fun and that Wagyu beef is to die for. Couldn't eat all my steak so the next day I had it for lunch, smothered with the leftover cheating onions. You guys have got to try that onion recipe.

Top Bottom