Will, new member with a question about pellets? and my favorite seasonings.

Hawkins

My name is Will and I would like to know what other brands of pellets you can use on a Traiger, and which ones are the best for the least amount of money?
Thanks for any help.

My favorite seaonings are: Southern Flavor from Selma, AL, Julio's from Del Rio Texas, and Krenek's Bohemian all pourpose from Fayetteville, TX

CarterQ

Welcome aboard there are a lot of pellet brands out there, all of varying quality and price. I would suggest you try as many as possible to find what you like and what works best for you. You can run any brand of food grade pellet in a Traeger without issues.

I personally have found the BBQer's delight line of fuel pellets to be superior. They burn consistently especially at higher temps, and the flavor is great. With pellets you do get what you pay for in most cases, and it doesn't make any sense to me to buy an expensive pellet cooker, select the best meats, and then cut corners on the fuel. Glad to have you here and look forward to sharing your pellet cooking adventures!

Big Poppa

Administrator
There are a bunch of manufacturers THe key is that the ones east of the rockies use oak and the 2/3 base wood and the other third is the flavor wood...the western pellets are mostly alder flavor base...there are a few people who make blends and 100% hickory. I use BBQers Delight too....I shy away from the Traeger pellets as there is a lot of speculation about whether the flavor wood is wood or an oil They have a patent on using wood flavor oil for cooking pellets. They claim that they dont use the patent but who knows?

Rip

Welcome Will. There have been several threads about pellets recently, but Carter boiled it down pretty succinctly. In my short experience I've only used Traeger and BBQ Delight, I find the BBQers delight has less ash and excellent flavor.

jimsbarbecue

Big Poppa has the BBQ Delight flavor packs that have 4 of the 10 pound bags of different flavors. So you could try and see what you like before making a bulk purchase. I think the price includes the shipping.

Big Poppa

Administrator
yes it does...you can also find some pellet pals in your area and get together and buy a bunch and save some dough

Top Bottom