Gasser

CarterQ

Spent most of last week over on the Central Coast for a little R and R and the place we stayed at had a "top of the line" gas grill. Didn't want to eat every meal out and we were with friends so we stayed in and cooked a couple dinners on it. Tri Tip one night and Chicken thighs another.

Both were seasoned and cooked perfectly, but wow, you don't realize what you have until it's gone! It's amazing how much flavor a pellet smoker imparts on food even at higher temps. I did both meals with the exact same seasonings I do at home and they were missing that "it" factor. Even had to take some ribbing from friends with the "what did you differently ?" comments.

Just a good reminder of how great these cookers that we all love are, and that I really need a portable MAK!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
ONe is on the drawing board...The funny thing is that people have no problem spending 5 grand for the Viking or something but think pellet cookers are expensive...you could buy 2 two stars and a one star for the cost of some of those. THere is no comparision in flavor and even ness in the cooks

CarterQ

Yeah this thing was a 48" Kitchen Aid SS built in, it looked cool, everyone oohed and ahhed over the thing until it was time to eat. The only thing it did well was toast garlic bread!

Rip

Yeah, I bought a DCS ss gasser 10 years ago, cost more than a (pre price increase) 2 star....the wife still gigs me about it costing more than any indoor oven we've ever owned....partly why I settled for the Lil Tex, got my foot in the door...and (preaching to the choir here) what a world of flavor and fun! The gasser is a boat anchor next to the PelletSmoker. Any lurkers out there sitting on the fence, come on in!

Top Bottom