Need help picking one under $1k

Intercooler

I found my way here doing some Google research! I'm coming to the conclusion I can't have it all in one package. This would be a good quality unit, WiFi with a sear box or way of doing it.

Camp Chef has the sear box, but no WiFi. Green Mountain and Rec-Tec have the WiFi and no sear. Any advice on these three or another I overlooked? Thanks!

Intercooler

I guess going with one of the more larger names would help if you ever need parts, etc... The warranty kind of plays a factor, but I hope to not use it for a while! The Rec-Tec looks pretty beefy and has more Stainless internals. That would have to hold up better over time, but is it needed?

Does anyone think the WiFi feature isn't worth it?

TentHunter

I've cooked on Rec Tecs and they're decent units. Overall I think they're probably the best of the import pellet grills.

Yes the stainless steel helps tremendously with longevity of the critical components. MAK Grills has also always done that on their grills for that very reason.

WiFi; it depends on who you ask. Some guys love it, some guys could give or take it.

Intercooler

I put hands on a couple this weekend and then kept doing on-line researching. Last night I finally ordered and went with a Grilla Silverbac. The dual wall construction for my climate and all the nice Stainless innards sold me on it. One video on YouTube of an owner that took his all the way apart a year later (3-4 cooks per week) and it all looked great helped. Their warranty is 4 years and I used my AMEX which adds another for a 5 year warranty.

I put hands on a couple this weekend and then kept doing on-line researching. Last night I finally ordered and went with a Grilla Silverbac. The dual wall construction for my climate and all the nice Stainless innards sold me on it. One video on YouTube of an owner that took his all the way apart a year later (3-4 cooks per week) and it all looked great helped. Their warranty is 4 years and I used my AMEX which adds another for a 5 year warranty.

5 year warranty. That's pretty awesome. Take some pics & let us know how you like it

Intercooler

Let's see if this works!

32089451_10216912438110231_1501251448325799936_n.jpg

That looks nice. A 5 year warranty is awesome too! When you get some cooks under your belt, you'll have to post some pics and let us know what you like or don't care for. Looks very nice!

Top Bottom