Camp Chef Woodwind

psawneo1

Hi all -- I'm a total newb and just started diving into pellet smokers. I was leaning toward a Camp Chef Woodwind and just thought I'd get some real-world feedback on top of my review reading, youtube video watching, etc.. Does anyone have one? Let me know what you think. I like the sear box feature of it actually and am gravitating toward that. Would that be good for a first timer?

TentHunter

They're not high end, but perfectly fine for a beginner pellet grill/smoker to get your foot in the door and experience the joy of pellet cooking!

I did something similar, starting out with a pellet grill attachment for a Weber Kettle, absolutely loved it and went on to upgrade to a MAK. I've never looked back since!

rzrbrewer

Hi all -- I'm a total newb and just started diving into pellet smokers. I was leaning toward a Camp Chef Woodwind and just thought I'd get some real-world feedback on top of my review reading, youtube video watching, etc.. Does anyone have one? Let me know what you think. I like the sear box feature of it actually and am gravitating toward that. Would that be good for a first timer?

I started down the same path you're on and eventually realized that I was about to purchase a pellet grill based on a feature it had that has nothing to do with being a pellet grill. Which eventually led me to researching what makes a pellet grill good, finally leading me to this place and the purchase of a MAK. Now I decided to increase my budget 3x in order to make that purchase, which was no doubt a stretch. But I just felt that I'd end up disappointed with a lower end introductory model and skipped straight to something I felt confident I would be happy with long term. I say all this just to say again, do not purchase a pellet grill based on the fact that it comes with an external sear burner. There are plenty of other searing options, one of which I learned about on this forum, the Blackstone 17" griddle. Good luck in your search, and for the record, I'm not saying the Camp Chef is a poor pellet grill. My research just ended up leading me in a different direction.

Top Bottom