Previous Yoder Users?

TXBBQ4ME

Currently have a Yoder and was wondering how many here have gotten rid of the Yoder and went with the MAK? I have a YS480 and I am getting tired of the surface rust that keeps popping up on the body even when covered. Thinking about a MAK and wonder what others have done. Thanks in advance.

TentHunter

I have not personally owned a Yoder pellet grill, but a very close friend of mine did. He had a Yoder YS640 pellet grill and had other issues besides rust, such as: Due to the thick steel and having sush a large surface area, it took much longer to warm up, which drove higher pellet consumption. The controller just wasn't that good, they were always "tweaking" the programming, etc. After about two years he sold it and now owns a MAK 2 Star, which he loves.

MAK grills parts (including the body) are either 304 Stainless Steel or Aluminized Steel with a 1200° powder coat finish, so even if the powder coat gets scratched the steel is still protected by the aluminum plating. That's not to say you will never have rust, but the chances of rusting are reduced to as low as they possibly can be, in my opinion.

That right there is only one small example of why MAK grills are priced where they are. They really are built with absolutely no corners cut, right down to the stainless steel screws used.

My original 2011 MAK 1 Star, which is now own by my friend Jason, still has no visible signs of rust anywhere, and still works like the day it was new.

mcschlotz

My original 2 Star spent 4 years outside with only the cover to shield it. Not one spec of rust, always fired up, and most important - consistently performed regardless of weather conditions and temp (-5º to 100ºƒ). Just sold it and guess what?... yup ordered a brand new 2 Star which has been updated with the new flame zone, flashfire, upper racking and internal grease trap.

Once you go MAK you don't go back :cool:

Top Bottom