Looking for manufacturers of pellet smoker conversion units

fasteddies42

I'm building a larger vertical smoker and I'm looking for a pellet fired smoker unit that can be attached to the side. So far I have only found the Pellet Pro by Smoke Daddy. I'd like to see some other units to compare. I want to be able to hot and cold smoke with a unit that produces lots of smoke. I want to only use pellets.....not wafers or sticks. Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks - Ed

TentHunter

First, Welcome to the forum!

The Pellet Pro by Smoke Daddy, which you've already found, is the only add-on pellet hopper system I am aware of. That's kind of their niche market. I looked a couple years ago, at length, when I considered building a large vertical pellet-fired smoker for doing smoked sausages, hams, etc.

chaz345

Another possibility, one I saw someone do when making a cabinet smoker out of an old metal interior fridge, is to buy the smallest Green Mountain Grill, I think it's the Davey Crockett, and pull the firepot/auger/hopper assembly out of it. Cheaper than either a Pellet Pro or a Grizzly. Drawback would be the tiny hopper, 7 lbs, which would be pretty easy to extend. On the plus side you'd have wifi/internet control of the smoker. Unknown is the BTU output of that burner and if that would be enough for your box. It's something I'm in the process of considering and researching as I have a large cabinet smoker that's currently propane fired and I'm no longer happy with the quality of my meat and no liking having to constantly monitor and adjust the flame.

Top Bottom