I say, string 'em up!

squirtthecat

Ok. :D

20110109130023.jpg

(I adjusted the one on the right after I took this pic)

Honeysuckle White baby boulders, doused with CT and Head Country.

Getting some 255° love in the MAK...

One is for us, and one is for the nice retired gentleman that plows our driveway every time it snows.
He's getting some pulled pork and bacon as well..

squirtthecat

Pulled at 162°, both came up to the target temp at the same time.

20110109170035.jpg

20110109170046.jpg

Splash of water in the pan, covered tight with foil/towels and into an OS cooler for a bit. (this helps loosen up the netting)

squirtthecat

Those look great. How is your MAK 1 treating you?

Real good! I haven't gotten as many cooks on it as I would like (winter and Christmas Vacation got in the way), but I'm slowly catching up.

We've made some 'winter weather' mods to it under the watchful eye of MAK DADDY..

MAK DADDY

Great idea!, I have been cooking the Honeysuckle White Turkey breasts. I usually leave the skin underneath for heat blocking but this method would work great! The last two we bought we just garbage though, nothing but small scraps of meat and fat... Wish there was a better way to tell what's inside before purchasing.

KyNola

Mak Daddy,
Put them on your MAK still frozen and leave the netting in place. As they thaw and begin to cook, they will somewhat glue themselves together. Can't take credit for that one. The turkey king STC taught me.

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, these all go in frozen solid. Just thawed long enough in a sink full of water to get the packaging off, and the netting stretched out a bit.

Top Bottom