still looking and researching

chef69

Hey all, My name is Pete and I am currently researching the purchase of a pellet smoker/grill. I would like input from everyone on which brands/models would be a good choice for a first time pellet user. I am a chef so I am experienced with all types of grills, stick burners, charcoal grills. I'd like to keep my price point under $1k for my first pellet grill. I've been looking at Pit boss, Camp Chef, Rec Tec. Traeger is out of the running though.Thanks in advance for your help/

KJRsmoker

Instead of spending $1k for your first pellet grill, save a little extra and buy your first/last pellet grill...a MAK. You can't go wrong with either the 1 Star or 2 Star. I made the jump from a kinda junky Masterbuilt electric smoker to a MAK 2 Star and have not regretted my decision.

rwalters

If $1k was my budget, I’d choose the Grilla Grills Silverbac. Great company... lots of happy owners... solid build with stainless in all the right places. I rarely if ever see disatisfied owners :)

mcschlotz

Very common situation - which to buy. Unfortunately for many, the final decision is made based upon finances. While this may be unavoidable be aware that one can, in the end, spend more money going down the 'upgrading' path than if they were to go right to the top in the first place. This is why you hear: buy once cry once. KJR is spot on, MAK is where you'll most likely end up and well worth the extra up front. Do your homework, then see if you can't find a way to at least swing for a MAK 1 Star. You won't be disappointed!

Top Bottom