I GRILL at CES Show

TTNuge

Interesting concept. Would be even better if I could monitor it with my iPhone while away from the house using 3G but I understand why that isn't possible.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have a unit sent to me already...great idea but wont hold the bluetooth connection... ALarm doesnt work and you cant set the timer. It is not ready. Currently a geek gadget and not a serious cooking tool I may sell them if they get the bugs out

TentHunter

From a computer tech's point of view, like BP said good idea, but even class 1 BlueTooth (which is suppose to give about 100 meter range) is just a shaky connection.

dmarotta

Thanks for the info. I will not be ordering one .
I have a unit sent to me already...great idea but wont hold the bluetooth connection... ALarm doesnt work and you cant set the timer. It is not ready. Currently a geek gadget and not a serious cooking tool I may sell them if they get the bugs out

Denrael

Actually I do have one, they were on sale and I like toys. I'm using it right now on some chops, and the chart is very nice. It's a minute by minute update on the temperature of your meat. Just watching how the temperature changes is very educational. Haven't tried the timers or anything, but the BT is holding solid for me in the front half of the house (where the grill is. At the back end it disconnects, but reconnects right away as I move back toward the grill. So far, I'm pleased.

Ffvillager

Igrill 2 is on back order and has been for some time now. Go to their website and see that several owners are not real happy with the unit because the Bluetooth does not give much range when going through walls. Don't know if this has any bearing on the back order situation. Wifi may be better if it was offered.

Top Bottom