Daniel Boone-Troubleshooting

auto

First smoke went off like a charm, brisket 16 hours of perfection. Start up for a quick chicken this morning, and lots of smoke, slow temp warm, then temp shoots up, I open the lid and see fire..... Now that I have averted a full blown fire, where should I look for the root cause. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have one of these but after a long cook you need to make sure you clean your fire pot and grease catcher. After long cooks there can be a lot of ash in your fire pot and then there is a lot of grease/fat that gets rendered out that you need to clean. I would also check your vents to make sure they are clear as well. Shorter grilling type cooks you should be ok to go about every 3 cooks before needing to clean. Also, the type of pellets you use can account for more ash buildup.

auto

I don't have one of these but after a long cook you need to make sure you clean your fire pot and grease catcher. After long cooks there can be a lot of ash in your fire pot and then there is a lot of grease/fat that gets rendered out that you need to clean. I would also check your vents to make sure they are clear as well. Shorter grilling type cooks you should be ok to go about every 3 cooks before needing to clean. Also, the type of pellets you use can account for more ash buildup.

Yep... Figured it out, was the foil on the grease tray was blocking airflow.

TentHunter

Yep, you can't block airflow on a pellet grill. Glad you got it figured out and can get back to enjoying your new cooker!

Top Bottom