Morel and Wild Rice Stuffed Venison

cowgirl

I used a backstrap from this past season...used the thicker part of the strap, butterflied it to lay flat.

029-5-1.jpg

Flattened the venison with a meat tenderizer, then gave it a quick 2hr cure using TQ and turbinado sugar.

037-5-1.jpg

made my stuffing using some of the dried morels from last morel season, minced onion, garlic, cooked wild rice and seasonings..

076-3-1.jpg

wrapped in bacon and smoked in the Memphis Pro using applewood...

120-1.jpg

Made a sauce with the pan drippings, morel infused water, minced onion, thyme, rosemary and a good shot of homemade wild grape wine...

The combination of the quick cure and smoke make the venison pink, moist and tender..

144-1.jpg

It was a tasty meal..

180-1.jpg

179-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CarterQ

Wow, I can just cut and paste my response for each of your cooks "that looks amazing!" Beautiful food! Do you ever bowl a spare? ;)

Last edited:

cowgirl

lol Carter, Thanks! I could do the same with your posts... cut and paste "looks excellent!!" :) Your smokes are wonderful...

Thank you Smokin' Pal BP! :)

Squirt, I used 1TBS of Tenderquick mixed with 1 tsp of turbinado sugar. I sprinkled it on and shook off any excess. Wrapped and let it sit in the fridge for 2 hrs, rinsed well then stuffed and rolled. Thanks Squirt...

Rip and TentHunter, Thank you so much. :cool:

Top Bottom