Getting ready for a Bash!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Next week we host the Annual Casey Lee Ball Foundation for Pediatric Kidney Research.
We started the foundation 17 years ago because my youngest son Casey was born with a horrible kidney disease. Casey had 8 operations by the time he was 6 including getting my right kidney.

We have a golf tournament and a couple of parties to raise the money. We will hit the 8 Million dollar mark this year . We fund research at UCLA Childrens hospital, Cincinnati Childrens Hospital, Texas Childrens Hospital, and Seatlle Childrens Hospital.

We have a party with acoustic music on Saturday and last year started the tradition of serving BBQ. Chris Lilly cooked with Big Poppa's team last year and our very own Kim and Andy are kind enough to accept my invite this year. The music will be Rodney Crowell doing his one man show un support of his new memoir called Chinaberry Sidewalks.

Sunday night it is Huey Lewis, Steve Lukather of Toto, Joe Bonamassa, Glen Hughes, and Rodney Crowell with backing from some of the best players in the world

Monday we have a golf tournament with PGA Touring Professionals.

It is going to be a blast!

Thanks Kim and Andy!

SisInLaw

SisInLaw never misses this event. It is even better than it sounds. People, if you can afford a donation to this most worthy cause, please send Big Poppa a check. Many many children and adults alike the world over have benefited from advances in organ transplantation that the money he and my sister have raised over the years. Even Casey himself has enjoyed better health. Friends, dig deep!

Big Poppa

Administrator
THanks all of you but I dont want to mix my cause with this forum....maybe Ill auction off a smoker or something in the future...I really appreciate it but I hope you understand that I only want to pick your pockets if it is for great bbq stuff

cowgirl

Dang BP, what a great cause and a great line up. I hope you know that your friends here at Pelletsmoking are behind this 100%.
Wish I lived closer. :)

HoDeDo

Kim and I were honored to get the invitation. We can't wait to take part in this BPS BBQ tradition. (and who are we kidding, it is 19 degrees in KC today, and overcast with a little snow flurries. So Cal in Jan!!! We would be there if BP asked us to come and sweep the shop floor ) :) We hope we can add to the tradition.

Top Bottom