My name is Ray and I am a new pellet smoker

tech1951

I purchased a Traeger Texas style grill about a year ago. I came across this site & have been checking almost every day since. So far I have used fire bricks to insulate the bottom & have to say the temp stays much more steady, Thanks for the information.
I have learned much about smoking just following the posts watching videos etc.

I have a question though. I want to get a digital thermometer to check meat temps, 2 probs would be best. I have seen mostly bad reviews about Maverick, Polder units.
Mostly probe faults.
Does anyone have a suggestion of which if any thermometers work best.
Thanks, Ray

Rip

Hi Ray, welcome to the group! Search on thermometer and you will find several threads. BPsmokers will have the new improved ET-732 Maverick next week (hopefully). Improved range and higher temperature tolerance are among the new features. Thermapens are popular too.

Big Poppa

Administrator
the probes are the achilles heal but many people make the mistake of exposing them to too high of heat or submerge them in water ...they dont like either one. I have a new super probe replacement that I am exclusive on with maverick that is rated to 712 degrees

Pigstar

Welcome from Colorado. I have several thermometers. Thermoworks probe unit, Maverick, but my one of choice is my super fast gray Thermopen.

scooter

I have two Maverick ET73's and will be purchasing a Mav ET732 soon. I've had one of the 73's for over a year now and the probes have had no problems but I do treat them well.

Welcome to the group Ray!

Top Bottom