Warmer/Smoker Box Questions

Kevinish

I'm considering buying a Mak 2 Star this spring (after I sell my motorcycle) and I had some questions about the warming box...

What kind of temperatures can you get in the warming box? If you have the grill set to the lowest temp, say 180, what do you end up with in the warming box?

What are some of your favorite things to smoke in the warming box?

MAK DADDY

During outside temperatures of below 80 degrees (winter or evenings in CA :) ) the warmer will run around 80-90 degrees when the main grill is set to smoke.

My favorite thing is cold smoked cheese, we make this for samples at our shows and it is a big hit. You can also cold smoke sausage, jerky, nuts, salmon etc.

Big Poppa

Administrator
The warming drawer is the thing that you dont think you will use and then you have a hard time not having one

scooter

Along with all the fantastic smoked cheeses and sausages I've done, the thing is great for keeping a platter warm when waiting to pull meat off so I'm not putting hot meat on a cold platter! I think it gets the most use doing that which is something I never thought I'd be using it for.

mrbbq

I agree with Big Poppa, when I first got my 2 MAK Star General, I didn't think I'd use the Warmer/Smoker Box much. How wrong I was! It's great during cold weather when you are saucing ribs or meat. I place my bowl of sauce in the WSB and it keeps it at a perfect basting temperature.
Last Summer, my wife and I began cold smoking cheese and nuts. Not only is this easy to do on the MAK 2 STAR, it takes hardly any time at all-about 30-45 minutes, depending on how smokey you want your cheese and nuts. Delicious!
We've also used the WSB to cook twice-baked potatoes and potato skins. WOW!
I am still blown away at how versitile the MAK 2 STAR is. I would not trade mine for all the money in the world! Really!

Top Bottom