My name is JeremyY and I am a pellet smoker

JeremyY

I purchased a Traeger Texas BBQ075 grill a few months ago. I am new to the site and I look forward to learning from and with you all.

I am considering getting some Insulating Rope to put around the door of my grill. My thought is that this would help keep more heat and smoke in the grill. Has anyone tried this? If so, how did it work out?

Rip

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the group! Lots of great info here. Be sure and check out the gallery and videos on BigPoppaSmoking.com. I have a Lil Tex and have not had much smoke leakage around the door...I did add firebricks which reduced the temp swings. If you do the door mod, please post details.

peewee

Hi Jeremy I talked to the traeger people about that once, no need to do it may actually cause problems, need a certain amount of air flow so pellets burn properly, if they burn to slow will cover your meat with a black soot

Pigstar

Welcome from Colorado and a 075 owner. Have had mine since 08/10 with some leakage around door. I have decided that it works great as is, so I am not sealing the gaps.

squirtthecat

Welcome from Illinois!

My 070 is gunked up enough around the door that it pretty much sealed itself. I wouldn't worry about it.

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Jeremy, you have definitely come to the right place to help learn and master that cooker! Great group here who loves to help and learn from each other.

Top Bottom