BBQ Bacon Cheese Loaf Burgers

TentHunter

How about some big Texas sized BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers? These are a family favorite. They're made like a meat loaf, smoked then cut up into big burgers and served on Texas toast. This particular flavor combo of ingredients works really well with ground Beef or Turkey :).

Spread the ground meat (1/2 lb per burger) out into about a 1" thick loaf on a cookie sheet(s). Season the meat how you like and/or sprinkle on some rub.

Spread on some BBQ sauce (we used homemade sauce), add a layer of Muenster or Monty Jack cheese, thin sliced onion strips, roasted red pepper, thick cut bacon strips (cut in half) and sprinkle on some parsley flakes or a little more rub.
BBCB01.JPG

This cook was a perfect chance to try out my new Hasty-Bake Small Grill Extender. A Hickory Pellet pouch was put in place, then we loaded up the grill with some Armadillo Egg Poppers made from red bell peppers & jalapenos. The Grill Extender & Burger loaves were added. The grill extender worked perfectly - worth every penny!
BBCB02.JPG

Hot smoke them at 325°-350° for about an hour or until the burgers are medium well to well done (155°-165°) and the bacon is starting to crisp. Don't overcook; they'll dry out!

Cut the meat loaf into big burgers and serve 'em up on some Texas Toast along with your favorite sides.
BBCB03.JPG

Thanks for sneaking a peek! :)

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
This a great repost from thge contest. I am cooking this one...Then I started thinking of variations...Italian sausages peppers onions and provolone....taco meat salsa onions and mexican cheese....Im still thinking!

Rip

Amen to the variations!...stuff like this makes me wake up thinking Q. My wife saw these in the contest and said, "we have to try this", I already had them on the list....Great job Tent!

Deb

Last night I made my husband look at all the entries with me. He had two comments -- why don't we have any of those coozies (Rips entry ) and BBQ Bacon Cheese Loaf Burgers - you need to do some of those.

Top Bottom