OK All you cold weather smokers

HoDeDo

Some corners are bigger than others... we might be around the corner and down the hall... :)

165568_1508220264848_1214564842_31099217_1531349_n.jpg

Rip

5* here right now, more frozen sunshine expected today and tonight...I think we're smoking with pellet crystals.

ITFD#15

-12 in Owen Sound Ontario.. Might have to turn the Traeger up a bit this weekend. I may take the advise of some of the others on this forum and get bricks? and line the bottom I understand that it will maintain the heat a bit better?
Got the Traeger Friday night and have done a roast one night and meatloaf the next...
I will post pics shortly.

Trooper

To me, it's the wind that's the big killer.
The MAK spends its time on the lower patio under a raised deck. Yet this area still grabs a lot of wind.
I had some scrap exterior 4"X8" boards & put up a temporary winter shelter. Primarily to keep wind off of the MAK.
Say what you want. A windy/snowy day requires extra dicipline in outdoor cooking.
Don't get me wrong. Other than outdoor cooking, I love the wintertime.
I've just found it to be more comfortable in the recliner nestled up to the MAK & dozing off listening to the auger
crank another load of pellets into the burner & smelling the smokey/meat aroma coming of the MAK!

Here's some summertime action -

DSCF1588.jpg

Trooper

Our average annual snowfall is 75" (Holland, MI)
We are ahead of the stats so far this year.
Oh well, fire up the MAK - Deal with it!

scooter

Yeah, I hear ya SoCal Smoker! It was a brisk 64F here in NorCal today! Sheesh, how cold is it gonna get for cripes sake!

TentHunter

Well, I had a big cook planned for today since its my day off work. The weather man says, "Ha ha ha ha; that's what you think!" We now have a Winter Weather Advisory in effect. :(

Gonna try anyway... we'll see...

Top Bottom