Traeger Jr. on RV Slideout

Jhagedon

Several folks (well, at least one person!) asked me to post photos when I got the Traeger installed in our RV. Took the grill to the RV today to see if it would work as planned. It fit perfectly - and there is a 110 V. outlet on the inside wall to the left of the grill. Plenty of clearance between the grill and the side of the rig, but it is a bit tight on the right by the door. I'll put concrete board under the grill, leaving clearance under the pellet hopper for air induction, and may use a piece to protect the door if needed. For now the grill goes back home for more "testing." :)

Grill-1.jpg

Grill-2.jpg

CarterQ

Looks great, you will be making a lot of friends with that setup so make sure you have plenty of meat and pellets when you camp!

Carter13

What a nice fit there. I bought a JR a few months back so I can take it camping in the back of my truck. I plan on buying the tailgater kit and storing it in a large plastic tote.

Jhagedon

I have the tailgating kit on order, but I'm not sure I need it. It has an insulation layer built-in, but if I use concrete board under the grill, I would think that should do it. I guess the kit lifts the grill up to allow air flow for the induction fan, but I currently have the Traeger at home, sitting on a 3/4" piece of plywood under the cooking chamber, leaving the grill under the hopper open, and there seems plenty of room for air intake. And I sure don't need the little wheels!

Jhagedon

Looks great, you will be making a lot of friends with that setup so make sure you have plenty of meat and pellets when you camp!

The good news is that we have other friends we travel with that already have their Traegers, so we can share the load. I know for sure that the fragrance of a pellet-fired grill sure is a great way to make friends.

Pellet storage is the next biggest challenge. The rig "basement" is supposedly my territory, but since I need room topside to store my rubs, sauces and the like, I had to negotiate with the wife for how much space I could have for pellets. We settled on four different types, and I found some nice small tubs at Walmart that just hold one bag of pellets.

Now, I just need to decide on what pellets I want to carry. I'm currently using Applewood, Oak, Mesquite and Hickory.

Top Bottom