My name is Eric, and I am a pellet smoker.

Eric Augustus

Good day, all.
I just bought my first Traeger (theTexas), after years of grilling on propane, and smoking on a separate smoker.
I'm excited about making the change. I've had excellent results creating my first few meals and am looking forward to many years of the same.
I live in Oregon, I'm a Paramedic, Professional Photographer, and going to Nursing school on-line.

* I also have an introductory question - what does everyone use to store their pellets? I've got a plastic tote/storage box, but am wondering about other options. Airtight, possibly?

Last edited:

sparky

welcome partner from northern california. scooter can show you pictures of them. can get plastic container for charcoal from home depot or lowes. that's where i got mine.

scooter

Welcome to PelletSmoking Eric! I use Kingford Kaddys to store pellets. They're not airtight but they will keep the rain out.

Rip

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum! I use 5 gallon pails with snap on lids. Both are available from most home improvement stores. They are cheap, under $5 for pail and lid. Fairly airtight (these are the type of pails drywall compound comes in), the lids snap on very tight and provide excellent weather protection for your pellets.

Top Bottom