This is Smokydale. Need to upgrade smokers. Have some questions?

smokydale

Hi guys and gals,
I have had past experience with Traeger and now upgrading to either Memphis Advantage or Mak 2 Star General. I am leaning towards Mak, but could use some advice. Like to cook pizza, roasts, chicken, hamburgers....basically like to cook just about anything. Also, wanting to be able to smoke jerky and having the lower 170 temp and warming box seems to be a nice feature on the Mak.

Any advice is appreciated.

HoDeDo

For what you just described there... MAK would be the ticket. We cooked everything but burgers on it you mention above in Scottsdale. Warming box definitely comes in handy.

Big Poppa

Administrator
The Memphis advantage is a nice unit but only will hold 200 degrees as its low temp.....It does get to 550 on the high side.

The MAK will cold smoke and you can count on between 425-475 high temp depending on where you live

scooter

Welcome Smokydale. I cold smoke a lot of things in my MAK but the warming tray gets the most use acting as a platter warmer. Anything I put on or in it stays warm which is great in the winter where putting hot food on cold platters is an issue. The warming tray will do 88F-180F+ (low end depending on ambient temps) and 180F-480F in the main part of the pit (low and high ends depending on ambient temps and wind). Pellets are a factor also. Some pellets just seem to burn hotter than others.

smokydale

Hey...Do you have the advantage? I noticed in your signature area that you are a "soon to be" Mak 2 Star owner. Do you also have a Memphis grill?

Big Poppa

Administrator
He had a Memphis...he just traded it in on a MAK Check his thead" Ecxcellent customer servie by Big Poppa"

Top Bottom