Bacon Wrapped Fatties

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love fatties...there are some hot heads who get all worked up if you call your bacon wrapped fattie a fattie....Why would you cook a fattie and not use bacon? remember....bacon is good.

So start by weaving your bacon and then hit it with your favorite rub...

Here is a little secret......You can stuff it with anything...I have even done Lobster Fatties when costco had them at a good price...

Roll out your Jimmy Dean Sausage...I've tried a bunch and the Jimmy Dean just works

Take a big baggie and cut the corner off....making an Okie Pastry Bag...(Its ok...my family is from Oklahoma) put the room softened cream cheese and squeeze it out and then take some Peppers onions and jalapenos, (and if you are feeling bold....dice some pineapple) sautee until soft then put on top of the bacon/jimmy dean mix....Roll it up and smoke it. (I said that for Sparkys sake) I use a frogmat

Slice and serve
IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

HoDeDo

Very nice lookin Fatties. Now if you tear your OK pastry bag, do you use oklahoma chrome to fix it? (aka Duct tape?) :)

TentHunter

I hereby do solemnly swear this oath to never again wrap a fattie in bacon unless its on a day that ends in "y" and I'm either alone or with somebody.

Mmmmmm... Bacon! ;)

CarterQ

Looks killer, fattie snobs make me laugh. Got blasted once for not following the Fattie Laws. Really, you are going to be uppity about rolled up sausage and how it's "supposed" to be? What's the point in cooking if you can't play with it and make it your own.

txpgapro

I can honestly tell you I've never done a fattie. Texans just don't do them. But I'm going to try real soon. So where in OK are youall from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom