Something different... you either love them or you hate them.. lol

cowgirl

I love them! (if prepared properly)
Frog legs and perch rollups...

These are some perch filets I recieved from a friend in Ohio (Boatnut)... He also sent the perch rollup recipe for me to try.

002-8-1.jpg

The frog legs were from a local friend..

Marinade the perch filets in roasted garlic teryaki sauce for at least 4 hours. Pre-cook (half way) some bacon, roll and wrap the filets in bacon, secure with a pic.

I squeeze fresh lemon juice over the legs, let them chill with the perch for 4 hours... then sprinkle with lemon pepper.

008-6-1.jpg

Onto the Memphis Pro at 325F. It seemed fitting to use the frogmat. lol

I basted the legs with a garlic, butter, lemon mixture...

017-3-1.jpg

The roasted garlic teryaki perch rollups with lemon, garlic, butter, sherry drizzled legs...

057-3-1.jpg

the legs were soooo tender, moist and tasty...

056-3-1.jpg

the perch rollups were excellent... (thanks to Boatnut)

052-4-1.jpg

061-4-1.jpg

I'm going to try the perch recipe on some other cuts of fish... see how they work out.

Thanks for looking!

Rip

Looks great Jeanie! You should enter these in the contest, Sparky wanted "out of the box", I think this qualifies.

Gotta tell you though, the shot of the frog legs on the grill looks like something from a Monty Python sketch. :D

cowgirl

Now your talking my language.. That looks good and just happen to have some nice perch fillets

Thank you ITFD! I'm not able to catch nice sized perch in my area so these were quite a treat for me. Hope you give the recipe a try sometime, they were tasty!

Looks great Jeanie! You should enter these in the contest, Sparky wanted "out of the box", I think this qualifies.

Gotta tell you though, the shot of the frog legs on the grill looks like something from a Monty Python sketch. :D

Haha.... Rip! They DO look like something from Monty Python! lol Thank you Rip!

Looks great! Something to try with Striper or walleye! looks killer!

Thanks HoDeDo! I bet striper or walleye would taste great. If you give it a try, keep me posted please. :)

cowgirl

Thanks Nepas and Cliff!
Cliff those are Lake Erie Perch...they were sooo tasty! I had not tried them before, I just love them now. :)

Top Bottom