Remote Boss downlaod issue

KyNola

Attempted to download the programming update for my Remote Boss to communicate with my 2 Star. Following the directions, I connected the cable to the board and then attempted to set the Remote to the "Utility" setting to begin the download. It will not budge from "Connect Attempt". The "select" button is definitely working as it will turn the Remote on and off.

Anyone else have this issue or am I the only lucky one?

TTNuge

So with no cable attached to the remote pellet boss, if you press and hold down the SET button, then press SELECT while still holding down the SET button it gives you the "Connect Attempt" and not "UTILITY..."?

MAK DADDY

Sorry your having issues, you can give me a call if you like on my cell.
The remote has to be "off" before pressing holding down the "set" then "select" buttons. If your secreen is lit up showing the connet attempt then you must turn it off before attempting to access the utility screen.
Try this and let me know.
Bob

KyNola

Well folks, I have confirmed what I have long suspected. I am a 100% complete total moron! Bob, thanks for giving me the correct answer. I mistakenly assumed that the Remote Boss had to be powered on first for it to function. I did as you suggested and the "utility" screen popped right up.

Someday I am going to learn not to "assume". :) Thanks again Bob.

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

No, I just need better instructions! Thanks for posting this as it may help others and I will work on the instructions some more, glad you're up and running :)

We also discovered a few of those beta models had the sticker placed on the wrong side of the sending unit, this caused the probe and grill jacks to be mis labeled. Remember that the grill cable will turn on/off the sending unit so don't leave it plugged in when not in use.
I have found a good home for the sending unit is velcro to the right of the pellet boss upside down, this keeps it out of the rain on the long cooks, assuming the wind isn't blowing rain sideways :) The one star can be placed underneath the hopper.

One nice thing for new customers (>#320) is they don't have to update anything, just plug it in and go.

You will notice this new V1.5 program has a little longer ignition cycle (its adjustable too) & more user program steps.

KyNola

Here's the proof that it works just fine once you hook it up right!

684482771_photobucket_40749_.jpg

Thanks again for the assist Bob.

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

Your welcome :)
Don't forget on long extended cooks to plug in the remote to shore power to save your battery life.
It takes a standard USB cord/plug.

Top Bottom